Friday, May 27, 2011

Art Event #1

I expected a larger turnout for the Foreman Gallery Invasion than there actually

was. At first I was disappointed by the small number of people that were in attendance,

but in the end it did not matter about the quantity of company, but the quality of the

company. The best part of the event was the large variety of media to work with, which

ended up in a large variety of different works created by the students.

Personally, I created a portrait of a person on four different pieces of construction

paper. I originally wanted to experiment with the corn syrup, however I decided against it

once I was told that it would take an extremely long time to dry. So instead, I created the

face out of chalk, collage, paint and oil pastel. It was interesting to me to see a single

picture comprised of four different mediums and colors, I liked how they interacted even

though it might have been a little bit “busy” looking at the same time. It was really fun

just to experiment.

The other people in the group utilized different materials. I saw paintings, abstract

and realistic, pastels, chalk, colored pencil, marker, and more creations of different

media. It was interesting to see the different styles of the artists in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment